Now that all of the holidays are over, it’s time to start getting back into my routine! Unfortunately, every year from about October to December, I gain a bunch of weight…and this year was no different. I gained 17 pounds!!! I know some of you might be thinking where? You seem like you’re in decent shape. Trust me, if I took a photo of myself now and compare it to myself in the summer, you’d see it! LOL So it’s time to get back on it!
If you ask anybody whose in good shape they will tell you that it all starts in the kitchen. So, I’m going to share one of my favorite foods to cook when I’m eating clean. Now this isn’t one of my really strict dishes, so instead, I might eat this on a Friday night to reward myself for the week. 🙂 And the dish is…..Spaghetti Squash with spinach, pesto, and shrimp! Spaghetti Squash is one of my favorite ingredients to cook with. It’s easy to cook, and there’s so many recipes out there for it. Ingredients & instructions are below! Or head to my “At Home” highlighted Instagram story to see how I do each step!
Now that I’m back on the clean eating routine, my new Samsung Flex Duo Range is going to come in handy more than ever! My wife and son aren’t always on board with the strict meals I’m eating, so we end up making 2 different meals. One for me, and one for them! LOL While I was making my spaghetti squash, they opted for some baked ziti. With our new range, we’re able to cook 2 different meals, at 2 different baking temperatures, and for 2 different time frames…all at the same time! It’s awesome. Previously I’d make their food, and then while they’re eating, I’d pop in mine next. Now, both of our dishes can be finished and we can sit down and eat together! 🙂
When I’m not cooking 2 different dishes I just use the top portion of the oven, and I can’t tell you how much quicker it reaches the temperature compared to our old stove. With the smaller section it just heats up so much quicker. I absolutely love it!
Besides this spaghetti squash dish, I also always get a package of chicken sausage and make a quick dish with it. I just cook the sausage, cut it up and throw it in with the spaghetti squash and tomato sauce and boom…lunch is served for the week! If you have any questions let me know…and if you try making it yourself, comment below and let me know what you think!
• 1 spaghetti squash
• 1.5 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 TBSP pesto
• 1 ounce fresh spinach
• 1/4-1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
• 8-10 ounces fresh raw shrimp
• 1/4 tsp regular paprika
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1 TBSP chopped parsley
• pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
• slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds
• rub the cut side of the squash with 1/2 tsp olive oil and place on a baking sheet
• roast face-down for about 40 minutes or until tender
• while the squash roasts, measure our your seasoning, clean your shrimp & defrost if needed
• once squash is roasted, allow to cool slightly
• while it cools, pat shrimp dry and season with paprika, garlic powder & cayenne pepper
• heat a skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tsp of oil & sauce your shrimp. cook on each side for about 2 minutes.
• use a fork to separate the strands of spaghetti squash and remove
• toss the strands together with spinach, pesto & parmesan & season with salt & pepper
• top it off with your shrimp